Friday, August 18, 2006

Joseph's Top 40

First, off, congratulations to Aaron Gleeman, for furthering his dream and signing a multi-year deal to write for a living. Hats off, Aaron (and that's not in my normally snarky tone). Aaron has given me hope for my writing career. If he can do it, I can do it, and that's no insult to one of the pioneers of baseball blogging.

In the linked post, Aaron posted the first 40 songs that came up when he hit "shuffle" on his iPod, and challenged fellow bloggers to do the same. Well, here's mine:

The Zutons, Havana Gang Brawl
The Urge, Gene Machine
Pearl Jam, W.M.A.
Black Crowes, Lickin'
Tool, Useful Idiot
The Sex Pistols, Problems
Weezer, Butterfly
Snoop Doggy Dogg, For All My Niggaz and My Bitches
Incubus, Make Yourself (acoustic)
Green Day, 1,000 Hours
Nirvana, Something In the Way
Pearl Jam, Better Man
Green Day, Are We the Waiting
The Notrious B.I.G., Me & My Bitch
The Roots, I'm Out Deah
Pearl Jam, Rats
moe., Nebraska
Starland Vocal Band, Afternoon Delight
Eagles, Life in the Fast Lane
Blur, Parklife
The Clash, Remote Control
Alice in Chains, Swing on This
The Cars, Tonight She Comes
Pride & Glory, Lovin' Woman
Phish, Tweezer
Allman Brothers Band, In Memory of Elizabeth Reed
Aerosmith, Big Ten Inch Record
Mindless Self Indulgence, Played
Outkast, Toilet Tisha
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Stadium Arcadium
Nine Inch Nails, The Fragile
Public Enemy, Cold Lampin' With the Flavor
Outkast, Synthesizer
A Tribe Called Quest, The Pressure
Boston, Rock & Roll Band
The Urge, Divide and Conquer
The Hives, A Little More for Little You
Red Hot Chili Peppers, 21st Century
Elvis Costello, Man Out Of Time
Rush, Something for Nothing

All I have to say is that it's not quite the list I was looking for, but when you have 3,821 songs on random, you rarely get everything you want. For the record, I'm absolutely obsessed with the new Muse album, "Black Holes and Revelations." The last song, "Knights of Cydonia," is pure musical genius, and has an equally brilliant video (you can find it by searching at YouTube.)