Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Alex Rodriguez Interpreted

I can't find any direct quotes, but apparently Alex mentioned on Sunday that he had been playing through the year with numerous nagging injuries. He went on to say that he's not making excuses, but you know how I feel about that kind of statement based on my Ladewski bashing.

But allow me to apologize for Mr. Rodriguez once again. I interpret these statements to mean: "Look, guys, I haven't exactly been healthy all year. I could have used a few days off in June and July to recover, but I didn't take them because the team needed me. Sheff, Matsui, and Cano were out, and the lineup couldn't lose another player. So please back the fuck off and let me play baseball now."

He says he's near 100 percent healthy now, so we'll see how those statements hold up.