Monday, March 27, 2006

The Weekend

Once again, I sit at my keyboard, unable to adequately describe my weekend basketball experience. Thankfully, this is a late day post, and I don’t have to agonize over the proper words. In essence, I don’t think I’ve enjoyed a weekend of basketball more than this one – and that includes opening weekends.

The only downside to these, for the most part, nail biters is the formula behind them. There are excessive media timeouts during the first half, meaning teams have a more difficult time getting into their offensive rhythm. But everyone is pumped so they play stellar defense, leading to dwindled halftime scores – 27-25 and the like.

It was sad to see ‘Nova go down, considering I had them all the way, but we all knew it could happen. They faced a team with hefty big men and couldn’t find their shot. I was surprised they kept it close for as long as they did.

Oh, and if you aren’t pulling for George Mason at this point, either you’re an alum of Florida, LSU, or UCLA, or you have no soul.