Monday, February 27, 2006

Effing Knicks

Pissed doesn’t quite describe how I feel about the Knicks right now. Sure, I commented that the Francis trade makes enough sense on paper, but since when has paper scored a hoop? I may sound like a hypocrite at this point for saying that this trade stinks, but I don’t care. I’ve seen and read enough about Francis to already dislike him, and his tenure is only two games old.

I’ve long been looking for something to put in the right sidebar, and I think I’ve got it. You’re getting Knicks stats per 48 minutes, pre and post Francis. Let me make a preliminary assessment after two games.

Nate Robinson hasn’t played since Francis arrived. Wonderful. Guy had 21 points and 4 assists per 48 minutes as a rookie, and instead of calling the season a wash and giving him some PT, Larry Brown is benching him completely. Oh, he might be activated tonight because Stephon “Bitch Bitch Bitch” Marbury is complaining again about his shoulder. Surely this has nothing to do with the acquisition of his stunt double.

I’m in a rush right now, so I won’t have the stats on the sidebar until tomorrow. But, since I’m such a nice guy, I’ll do up one of those table dealies so you can see what I’m talking about.

Pre-Francis. Record: 14-38
PlayerPoints/48Asst/48
Stephon Marbury22.068.4
Jamal Crawford20.145.73
Nate Robinson21.264.38


Post-Francis. Record: 0-2
PlayerPoints/48Asst/48
Stephon Marbury18.04.29
Steve Francis20.04.8
Jamal Crawford7.23.6


Suffice it to say I’d rather be sending Robinson/Crawford out there nightly than Marbury/Francis at this point.