Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Cop-Out Post of 2006

My original intent for today was to yap about the Yanks for a little bit, just to get the ball rolling in the New Year. But the Yanks pretty much have all the pieces in place for 2006, minus a few bench players. Anything now would be complete conjecture, and I think I’ve already done my share of that. This is my first entry of 2006, however, so I have an easy fall back topic: the year to come.

If the earth didn’t finish its rotation around the sun every 365 days, setting goals on a yearly basis would seem arbitrary. There needs to be some timeframe on these goals, however, and a year is fine by me. The Number One goal of 2006: get paid to write. What does this mean for you, the reader? Expanded content here at the Sporting Brews, which is my writing outlet.

Honestly, I don’t expect to swoop in and steal the readership of established Yankees sites by pounding out a site with similar content. I realize that over time, many fans may come to appreciate my musings on the team they love the most. But there are other sources for that kind of entertainment.

The Yankees are still a priority, and I will continue to share my thoughts through the 2006 season and beyond. Instead of every day, however, I’ll probably cut the Yankees content to 2-3 days a week, depending on activity. The rest of the content will be mostly sports content, with some non-sports topics woven in here and there.

And since I just barely cracked 250 words, you can expect a full article later on today.