Friday, December 02, 2005

Juan Pierre?

The New York Post is reporting that the Marlins have asked for Sean Henn and Scott Proctor as compensation for center fielder Juan Pierre, and the Yanks haven't said no to the proposal.

Look, I like Proctor and all, and Henn didn't exactly wow all of us in his two appearances this year. Personally, I would jump on this.

Then again, I said the same thing when those identical players were sought after by the Rockies for Shawn Chacon, and he ended up coming much cheaper. But something tells me this is the bargain price for Pierre.

I know some people don't like him, but considering 1) the Yanks are running out of options and 2) That's a doable price tag.

Everything I have written thus far is contingent, however, on him not taking Jeter's leadoff slot. Preferably, I'd like to see him in the nine slot, but I wouldn't throw a hissy fit if he batted second.