Monday, November 28, 2005

Rutgers To Play In Insight Bowl

I know I've seldom talked about college football in this space, but that doesn't mean I'm sitting idly on Saturdays. I follow the sport avidly, even though Rutgers has this whole history of sucking.

But today, amid expectations, Rutgers formally accepted a bid to the Insight Bowl.

It is only fitting that my alma mater will appear in a bowl the year after my graduation. I sat through years of watching losing football, and all the sudden they decide to play closer to expectations and make the bowl they were supposed to make for the past two years. You know, while I was still there.

I do, however, have family in Phoenix, the site of the Insight Bowl. And, accordingly, my uncle that lives there is an Arizona State alum, which would make for quite a crew should I go to the game.

Bah, who am I kidding? I'm broke as a joke who had a stroke. I guess I'm just worked up over this whole scenario.

My official prediction: ASU 47, RU 8.