Sunday, May 08, 2005

I Guess I Should Get the Ball Rolling...

Yes, I am fully aware that the last thing Internet punditry needs is another Yankees fan. Yes, it has crossed my mind that there are other – presumably more productive – things to write about other than baseball in general and the Yankees in specific. But, ever since I took to writing, the one (heavily cliched) piece of advice I’ve received is, “write what you know.” And of all the things I know, I definitely have to say that Yankees baseball ranks #1 in terms of what I’d like to write (followed closely by boobies, music, movies, and boobies).

Thankfully, I’m not going to limit myself to the Yankees. But beware: when you’re from North Jersey like me and have been following the team Karl Ravich so endearingly calls the Spankees since you were too young to speak, it’s going to be a natural tendency to want to write about them. And trust me, you won’t be hearing any “woe are the Yankees” rants here. I fully realize that the team put themselves in this damn predicament that has defined the ’05 season thus far.

But enough of this boring intro. It all begins tomorrow morning…